Ben Bennett Bio
Ben grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia and met Christ at an early age. After being heavily involved in the U.S. Campus Ministry of Cru throughout college, and developing a great desire to see students transformed by Jesus, he joined their staff in 2011. For years, Ben experienced deep anger, a porn addiction, and mental health issues like anxiety and depression, before finding hope and healing through Biblical, neuroscientific, and psychological solutions.
Until recently, Ben worked with the U.S. Campus Ministry of Cru serving as the Mid-Atlantic Regional Coordinator for porn addiction recovery groups. He currently serves with Josh McDowell Ministry (A Cru Ministry) as an author, speaker, and the Director of Uprising–a new national initiative helping youth overcome hurts, unwanted behaviors, and live a thriving life. He enjoys traveling, music, and the finest of fast food cuisines, Taco Bell.
- Sexual Brokenness & God’s Heart Talk at Cru’s Fort Worth Winter Conference 2018 for 1,000 missionaries and students: https://vimeo.com/250567781
- Living Free: Porn, Sexuality & Jesus Talk at Cru’s Dallas Winter Conference 2017 for 500 missionaries and students: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8av4q4LOgzo
- From Prozac to Porn: Overcoming Mental Health Struggles, Habitual Sin & Porn seminar at Cru Winter Conference Fort Worth 2018: https://vimeo.com/252291909
- Living Free: Porn recovery curriculum for college age men: puredesire.org/collections/living-free
- Flesh Series: Online journey for young men struggling with porn and sexual brokenness: cru.org/train-and-grow/life-and-relationships/men/flesh.html
Jake Kissack Bio
Jake was raised where the buffalo still do roam, on his family’s 3000 acre angus cattle ranch in Wyoming. His adventurous heart was pursued and captivated by Jesus as far back as memory serves. His passion to see Jesus bring life to all was bolstered in his master’s degree thesis work on how pornography negatively affects the church. His 13 year journey with a porn addiction crushed his passion and compelled him to seek true freedom, which was found through Christian sexual addiction recovery. Jake resides in Dallas, Texas and serves as a developing author, speaker and evangelist, supporting the health and restoration of men and women struggling with woundedness, habitual sin, and sexual brokenness.
- Can You Relate? Talk at Cru’s Weekly Meeting San Luis Obispo for 1000 students: https://youtu.be/mk7YsnDkG1w
- Porn, Sexuality and the Compassion of Jesus at Cru’s L.A. Winter Conference for 500 staff and students: https://youtu.be/X8DVvcbRGFw
- Pornography & Sexual Wholeness seminar at Cru’s New Staff Training for 100 new missionaries: https://youtu.be/UmJRuy1xzfk
There are three things I’d highly encourage you to check out whether you are struggling with habitual sexual sin, seeking to help someone who is, or just want more information.
First is an article I wrote summarizing the most important things I’ve learned through my journey over the past 6 years here: Understanding Sexual Addiction.
Second is the Resources page that has several articles to help equip you.
Third is a year long recovery curriculum called Living Free that I wrote in partnership with Dr. Ted Roberts and Pure Desire. You can find more information about that by clicking the image below. Thank you so much for stopping by.